Have you ever wondered what it would it be like to write a letter to your younger self? And, in my case, not just write a letter but smack the shit out of myself?
The first thing I would say is: girl, take better care of your body. Eat more vegetables and wax those eyebrows. Those eyebrows, oh my.
- -Don’t pop your pimples. I know it’s hella tempting but, keep those hands away from your face.
- -Don’t worry about looking good for anyone but you.
- -Don’t be afraid to get naked in front of other women. Own that body, because it’s pretty gorgeous.
- -Take better care of your skin and wear sunscreen (for the love, wear sunscreen!).
- -Most importantly, be nicer to yourself.
If you could go back in time, what would you tell your younger self?
Age definitely takes a toll on your body, especially if you don’t take care of it. I’ve noticed a little wrinkle or a grey hair and…what the hell?! Where did that wrinkle come from?! Oh, hell no.
Oh crap, yes. I should have worn my sunscreen. This is where my denial sets in. A wrinkle?! Pfffsh!
But then the acceptance almost always takes over – be nicer to myself. Rinse. Repeat.
I accept that I’m not 25 anymore, so maybe it’s time to schedule an appointment…you know, to take my own advice and be nicer to myself. I want to age gracefully and accept my grey and wrinkles.
But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to do my best to look fabulous while I’m working on that personal acceptance